Are you a LAN gaming enthusiast? Well, then you must be well-acquainted with the name “Hamachi.” It has been one of the most preferred choices of LAN parties. Over the years, it has formed its cult with its supreme features and functionalities. As one of the most recognized names in the domain of virtual LAN gaming, LogMeIn’s Hamachi offers you the ease of creating a virtual private server that lets you emulate your LAN multiplayer gaming experience.
Well, even though Hamachi is a key player in this field, it has some significant setbacks. And that is what might have made you reach out to this article to seek some effective Hamachi alternatives. Isn’t it? So, are you ready to know more about the most reliable alternatives? Then, stay hooked on this article to learn more.
Table of Contents
Well, there are plenty of shortcomings that make this VPN gaming application fall behind. So, here are some of its setbacks that might convince you to look for a Hamachi alternative.
- First of all, in its free account, you can have only a maximum of 5 members per network, including the host.
- There is also a significant lag and latency spike in this app, which can disrupt your gaming experience.
So, are you also facing the same issues with Hamachi? If yes, it’s time for you to opt for a better Hamachi alternative that will address your LAN gaming needs the best.
Top 7 LogMeIn Hamachi Alternatives
We understand how tricker it is to carry on with your gaming on Hamachi, especially with so many drawbacks. Thus, we will discuss here some of the best alternatives of Hamachi that can give you a unique range of performance. Hence, have a look.
While talking about a Hamachi alternative, the first name that will come to your mind is the ZeroTier, which confers some noteworthy features. So, to create your own virtual LAN, you must give it a try.
It helps the user to connect team members from anywhere across the world on a device. Also, this application goes on to create a very secure network between cloud, desktop, on-premise, and mobile devices.
- ZeroTier can easily amalgamate the capabilities of SD-WAN and VPN to simplify network management.
- With its automated deployment, you can set it up within a few minutes with a remote
- Caters to seamless flexibility by emulating Layer 2 Ethernet with multicast, multipath, and bridging capabilities
- Security is top-notch as it offers zero-trust networking solution protection with 256-bit end-to-end encryption.
Download Basic – Free
Professional – $49/month
Here comes our second trustworthy alternative that you can check out to get a bunch of facilities. It is an excellent alternative to Hamachi as it lets you create an easy virtual LAN to host your private gaming sessions.
This app looks quite simple, but it is a power-packed one. With this tool, you can easily connect multiple devices to the internet. It is a simple VPN emulator that can make your gaming experience exciting and fun.
- It helps your devices find each other using an intermediate server that further aids you in connecting and exchange your device traffic.
- Uses login/ password to establish a connection
- Easy to access in your virtual network with an IP address defined in your private area
- The total traffic it facilitates over Windows or Linux systems, phones, and tablets remains secured with encryption codes.
Download Base – $5/month
Advanced – $10/month
XXL – $150/month
FreeLAN is one of the generic VPN creators that you can try to enjoy a seamless performance over your virtual LAN gaming. This one is quite famous in its space with its simple functions as it quickly lets you create your virtual private network.
It is a complete open-source software that can be customized easily to create peer-to-peer, hybrid, and client-server topologies. At the same time, it lets you adjust everything as per your preferences. You can also easily configure the FreeLAN config file manually. However, it doesn’t offer any GUI.
- FreeLAN seamlessly works for all modern Windows ™ versions in both the editions of 32 bits and 64 bits.
- You can use it for all modern Linux flavors
- FreeLAN also runs seamlessly on macOS X
- Facilitates smooth gaming without any lag or sudden spikes
It would be an absolute mistake if we talk about the best Hamachi alternatives but forget to mention the name of GameRanger. It is one of the most reliable LAN gaming solutions that users can access with utmost ease.
What is more exclusive about this alternative is that it has a robust level of security and stability, which is unparalleled to any other software’s capabilities. It may not be highly functional like others, but it goes well to meet your gaming requirements with its standard features.
- It is effortless to join a game room in GameRanger as it takes only one simple tap to start.
- With its Host Game feature, you can seamlessly start a new game.
- GameRange supports Windows XP, 7, Vista, 8, etc. It also supports macOS X.
- It works great with its list of supported games
Download Basic – Free
Silver membership – $19.95/year
Gold Membership – $39.95/ year
We understand that most of the time, you do not like to install a bunch of unnecessary applications on your system while staying hooked to your favorite game. Thus, we recommend this hamachi alternative that can improve your gaming experience in no time.
Wippien is very easy to use and comes as 2MB software, which makes it one of the lightest VPN creators. This open-source app uses the wodVPN component to establish its P2P connection to form a VPN. Besides, it also enables easy gaming, file sharing, and chatting.
- It uses the NAT traversal technique that helps penetrate NAT devices to build a direct connection between peers.
- Seamlessly redirects traffic from the virtual network adapter through wodVPN to its remote side.
- With its featured IM Client, you can easily exchange messages and files. Also, you can have both visual and audio notifications on new events.
- It can be connected to various protocols like Google Talk, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, Jabber, etc.
Now, the next Hamachi alternative on our list is SoftEther or Software Ethernet. It is another excellent application that works great with its multi-protocol support. So, with its easy-to-use interface, it lets you have a seamless user experience.
You can also use this open-source software to pass through several firewalls even when they are highly restricted. One can easily establish its connection with both site-to-site and remote-access VPN. Thus, beginners can easily use SoftEther with its bunch of features and ease of operation.
- Offers SSL-VPN Tunneling on HTTPS to easily pass through NATs firewalls
- It comes with the capability of Ethernet-bridging and IP routing over VPN
- Supports SSL-VPN and 6 other major protocols
- Supports legacy OpenVPN clients with its OpenVPN clone function
7. Ramdin VPN
Well, last but not least, here we present to you Ramdin VPN! It is also quite good as an alternative to Hamachi. However, unlike Hamachi, it does not limit the number of gamers on its connection. Moreover, it caters to a higher speed and lets you experience a seamless performance with no high ping issues.
Ramdin VPN effectively offers you 100MB of speed. Also, you can have complete peace of mind over the security of this software, as it gives you a completely secure VPN tunnel. Besides, the interface it offers is very easy to set up. So, now, all you need to do is buckle up your gaming gears and enjoy the session with a seamless, secure gaming experience.
- It offers you a secure tunnel for the traffic to flow along with its highly reliable end-to-end encrypted system.
- Does not collect, track or sell your private data
- Even after months of continuous operation, it does not malfunction
- Its integration with Radmin remote control software enables you to access and work securely on your remote computer.
It is always great to know about the VPN software that can make your virtual LAN gaming easy and secure. Even though Hamachi fails to meet all your requirements, the others might not. So, you can always shift from Hamachi when you feel it is not up to the mark as per your expectations.
Well, our suggestion is ZeroTier, which is the best Hamachi alternative for all the right reasons. It has some great features that facilitate secure connectivity with no lag and latency.
Nevertheless, the other tools mentioned above are also great in their respective field and strive to deliver what they promise. All you need to do is choose the suitable Hamachi alternative that aligns well with your requirements. So, what are you waiting for? Get your favorite Hamachi alternative today!