Well, most of the people do not care about editing they just click a picture and upload to social media. But there are some who like to make changes in the picture like adding filters or cropping the image etc.
After that, there are people who love to do a lot of interesting thing with their picture, more than cropping or adding filters.
There are many advanced level application out there which can edit your pictures but finding the best free photo editor app for android is not as easy as it seems.
Each and every editor provides different features and functions and selecting the perfect ones according to you need can be troublesome.
We have created a list of top 10 Photo editor application on Android or you can say 10 best Photo editing tools on Android.
10 Best Free Photo Editor Apps for Android
Adobe Photoshop Express: Photo Editor Collage Maker
Adobe Photoshop is known for its powerful editor on the computer. Now adobe Photoshop’s tiny version also available on the Android platform.
Adobe Photoshop Express is the most powerful photo editor in Android market. It is quick, easy to use and pack with a bunch of features.
You can perform all basic functions like crop, rotate and red eye remover to advance editing which involves complete customization.
- One-touch filters and looks
- Noise Reduction
- Collage maker
- Raw photo and Watermark images support
- Photo Frames, Image resize, defog, perspective correction and more.
Price: Free (Ad-free)
PicsArt Photo Studio: Collage Maker & Pic Editor
PicsArt Photo Studio is the most popular photo ending tool after adobe Photoshop. It is a free editing tool and it has over 500 million + downloads.
You can add effects, filters and millions of stickers on your picture to make it more appealing.
You can even get access to paid premium stickers, collages, mask and frames for free in PicsArt Photo Studio Gold subscription and Add-free experience.
- Free stickers, frames, font and more
- Collage maker and grids
- clone, cut-outs, stretch, crop, add text & adjust curves
- Drawing & camera with live features and effects
- AI-powered effects
Price: Free / Gold Subscription (Ad-free): $8/month or $47.88/year
Fotor Photo Editor
It is one of the best free photo editor app for android available on Google play store.
This app has more than 10 million downloads and offers a variety of image editing features.
This app contains camera to take pictures, photo grid and lots of filters with powerful photo editor.
It also provide an opportunity to earn to professional and new photographers by monetizing their photos.
This app has all forms of editing options starting from simple quick touch ups to high level editing.
- Massive photo effects, filters and styles including Film, B & W, Vintage etc.
- 10 completely customization “Edit” functions available in the app.
- Photo collages template styles available such as Magazine & Classic collage templates.
- Weekly updated borders, frames, filters and stickers available.
Price: Free/ Contains Ads/ In-app purchases
Pixlr – Free Photo Editor
Pixlr is been around for a long time and it’s still maintaining its spot in the top photo editing app list.
Pixlr comes with a load of features we can’t even count. It offers rarest features in the market and Pixlr definitely knows what most people want in a photo editing tool.
You can perform all basic functions like crop rotating to advance level editing like of editing picture like layer based photos, resize and more.
- Create photo collages with best background, layout and spacing
- Double picture Exposure using layer editing
- Pencil drawing
- Pool of effect
- Remove blemishes or whiten your teeth or remove red-eyes
Price: Free (Contain Ads/in-app purchases)
PhotoDirector Photo Editor App
PhotoDirector Photo Editor is a very quick photo editing app packed with rich-features. It is one of the best free photo editor app for android and developed by Cyberlink.
It has an amazing creative collage maker with a bunch of live camera filters and effects that can enhance your photos live.
With the in-app camera, you can adjust brightness, colour and contrast and plus you can apply live photo effects in real-time.
The app allows you to apply lens flare effects with one touch in photo filter section.
- Adjust RGB colour channels and HSL sliders
- Tweak saturation and quick auto white balance
- Apply photo effects while you using Camera
- With dehaze tool remove objects from photographs: strip away haze, mist or fog and more.
- Easy to Add HDR and layer editing
Price: Free (Contains Ads/in-app purchases)
Snapseed is a widely used professional photo editing tool designed by Google.
It contains 25+ tools and filters which can be very helpful in editing your photo. You can easily edit jpg and raw files on Snapseed.
As Snapseed is from Google LLC it is very easy to use so, if you like simple apps that enable you to do a professional thing with your pictures then this app will be best for you.
- Basic functions – Crop, rotate, filter, resize and more.
- Vignette and healing – easily hide your dark spots
- Lens blur, glamour glow, HDR scape and more.
- Double Exposure, face enhance and pose tools
- All styles can be used on pics with fine, precise control
AirBrush: Easy Photo Editor
AirBrush is designed to be the best photo editor in the market with user-friendly retouch tools, amazing filter options to get best and natural result.
Just like most of the popular photo editor, it can blemish and remove a pimple, whiten teeth or brighten eyes.
No matter how your picture is, it will give 3 extra starts to your pictures using its amazing tools and filters. It has many features and options for photo editing.
- Retouch, edit your skin for perfect and glowing perfection
- Tools that perform picture blur, crop, stretch, slim and give an artistic touch
- Live editing tool while taking a picture
- Add Depth and Style to photographs
- Natural, Radiant Filters
Price: Free (Contains Ads/in-app purchases)
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is one the trending photo editing app that keeps growing.
Its features and functions are similar to Adobe Photoshop express the only difference is Express is more powerful in editing.
The app gives the ability to capture, edit and share pictures with your friends.
Not only that, you can upgrade to premium, which gives you a lot more features and the thing makes its different from express version is its pictures synchronization in all devices – mobile, desktop and web.
- Live camera with effects
- Use HDR mode – expand the range of exposure
- Similar editing features to Adobe Photoshop Express
- Organize and share photos
- Lightroom CC online galleries
Price: Free (in-app purchases) / $6.49 a month (Premium upgrade)
LightX Photo Editor & Photo Effects
LightX is all in one picture editor to make photo collages, add frames to your pictures, make a cutout, add stickers and picture background changer.
Also, it makes photos blur, create cartoons and caricatures. Moreover, it creates portrait photos, changes the colour of hair, and add colouring effects to any object in the picture.
Various advance level photo editing tools like Color mixing, Curves, levels and vignette effects are making this app popular among users.
- Change or remove background image
- Color Splash Photo Effects
- Merge photo
- Professional image editing tools
- A pool of filter and portrait mode for a selfie
Price: Free (Contains Ads/ in-app purchases)
BeautyPlus – Easy Photo Editor & Selfie Camera
BeautyPlus is designed for live Selfie editing and later on, you can even edit more if you don’t like the pictures.
BeautyPlus is used on over 800 million pictures on the internet. It is a powerful photo editing tools, offers artistic effects, real-time augmented reality (AR) filters and features that take selfie experience to next level.
You can make everything perfect with this app whether it is your skin, eyes or simile.
- Blur, crop and photo filter
- Professional control like the stretch, enlarge, slim and rotate features
- Blemish Remover
- Retouch skin tone using skin smoothing makeover tool
- Share your pictures directly to Facebook, Instagram and more.
Price:Free (Contains Ads/ in-app purchases)
How to Select Best Photo Editing App
Each app has different features but some of the features are always common. You should go with the app which is easy and can do your task.
PicsArt photo studio has 500 million+ active installs. So you can see the popularity of the app. Adobe Photoshop express and BeautyPlus are also among the popular ones.
But here you have to select your favorite best free photo editor app for android as per your needs.