Imagine losing your account, which has all your photos saved and a lot of memories with your friend’s information of chats and stories, which sounds very headache, right? Especially when it comes to Snapchat, which is very famous for its privacy and security. Getting your Snapchat account hacked, forgetting your username or password, or losing access to your account in any scenario is very frustrating for many of us.
There are many methods to recover your account, which can be helpful based on your problem, whether you lose your username or password of Snapchat or your account has been hacked. We have the solutions for all your issues regarding recovering your Snapchat account.
How to recover your Snapchat account in 2021?
Several methods can help you recover your Snapchat account, but you should know what makes you lose your account before recovering your account.
How to Reset Your Snapchat Account if You Have Lost Your Password?
The most common problem people face is forgets their Snapchat account password. People usually forgot their password because it is hard for some people to remember it; when you forgot your Snapchat account’s password and cannot log into your account, you can quickly regain access to your Snapchat account by resetting your Snapchat account’s password.
Here are the steps to reset your account password.
1. To reset your Snapchat account password, first launch your Snapchat app on your phone and tap on the login button.
2. You must remember your Snapchat username or your login email to recover your password. Now first enter Snapchat username or email id. Then click on the “Forgot your password?” option as shown below.
3. After clicking on Forgot your password button, you can see two options which will be via phone and via email. These two options will help you to reset your Snapchat password based on your choice. Here you can choose via the Phone option to reset your password using a Mobile number and via the Email option to reset your Snapchat password using your email.
4. To reset your password via your mobile number, you need to click on the via Phone option. Once you click on the via Phone option, you can see the following screen. To reset your password, you need to input your registered mobile number, as shown below.
5. Once you input your mobile number and click on the continue button, you will receive and opt via SMS or on a phone call to confirm your mobile number.
6. After your mobile number is confirmed, you will redirect to the new password screen, and once you input your new password, you have successfully reset your Snapchat account and regain access to your Snapchat account.
7. To reset your Snapchat account via Email option, you need to click on Via Email option.
8. Once you click on the via Email option, you will be redirected to the Snapchat website to reset your password.
9. Now, you need to input your registered email address to reset your password.
10. After you click on the submit button, you will receive an email with a reset link or an OTP code.
11. You can click on the reset link or input your OTP on the Snapchat website, redirecting you to the new password option. Once you have inputted a new password, you have successfully changed your Snapchat password and regained your lost Snapchat account.
How to Recover a Hacked Snapchat Account?
The most irritating problem you face is when your Snapchat account got hacked. It is very hard to recover a Snapchat account when someone has stolen your Snapchat account. The difficulty level mainly depends on the hacker’s changes or a person who had stolen your account has made on your Snapchat account.
Sometimes hackers will don’t involved with your account setting, but hackers will monitor all your activities and will exploit your privacy. And suppose you know that someone has hacked your account and has changed your password but not the email or phone. In that case, you can easily follow the above method to change your password as soon as possible because once a hacker has removed your email or mobile number linked with your account, it will be very difficult to access your account.
The best way to check if your account has been compromised is to check it on haveibeenpwned, which stores the account information which has been leaked in a data dump.
So what can you do when your account got hacked, and hackers have changed your password and email address, and you don’t have any valid way to regain access to your account. Hopefully, if this kind of thing happens to you and you cant change your password, you can do only one thing which contacts Snapchat Help Desk with a valid government approved ID; you can go to the Help Desk and fill-up the form, and you can hope that Snapchat team will recover the account for you.
How to Check If You’ve Been Hacked
There are many ways in which we can find if your account has been hacked or not. As we know, hackers can change your password and remove your email linked to your Snapchat account, which leads to permanently losing the Snapchat account.
Here are some signs that your Snapchat account might have been hacked.
The most common sign is that your Snapchat account automatically gets logged out because Snapchat only lets one device log in at a time, which means you cannot log into one account from multiple devices. If your account is logged in on your mobile and some hacker logs in to your account from their device, then Snapchat will automatically log yours out from the previous device.
Anyhow, suppose you don’t get the log out from your account. In that case, you can see signs like you show up in different places on Snap Map, your friends start getting spam snaps and messages from your account, you can see your mobile number and email linked with your Snapchat account has been changed with some other suspicious emails or international numbers, Your account starts adding unknown persons in your friends list that you don’t remember approving.
Other signs are your notices changes in your Snapchat settings, logging out often, and finding difficulties while logging in to your Snapchat account. If you pay attention to your emails, Snapchat sends alert mail to a linked email account whenever you log in to your Snapchat account. Ensure you check your email regularly and check suspicious emails because sometimes hackers will send your fake emails, which look the same as Snapchat mail and with the same-looking website. Once you log in to your account from that website, your account will get hacked, and this type of hacking is known as phishing.
How to Secure Your Snapchat account?
It is always good to secure your account rather than getting it hacked or forgetting a password or email. Many users don’t even consider securing their accounts. However, we have specific methods to follow for securing your Snapchat account and not forgetting your password and email.
Make Sure Your Email Address and Number are Updated
Usually, after creating the account, most people do not focus on their account setting. Most people don’t use their real and valid email account to create new accounts. That’s the main reason many people forgot their account details. To make sure you don’t forget your email, use your valid email address, which you often use in other accounts and which you use day to day; it can be straightforward to maintain your Snapchat account and to reset your account in the future if you forgot it.
To check your mobile number and email address registered with your Snapchat account, you can check it on Snapchat settings by clicking on profile, and then in setting, you can click on Mobile number and email option to check them, and you should check it often because if any hacker has to gain access to your account. They meant changed it and completed hacked your account so for your own safety, make sure you update your email and mobile number.
Use easy to remember but hard passwords
Try to use a password that includes 8-12 characters and numbers and special characters, which is very easy for you to remember and very hard for others to guess. Also, use different passwords for different accounts, which will not compromise your other account if your other account has been hacked.
You can also use a different password manager, which you can use to generate and save all your passwords.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Two-Factor Authentication plays a very important role in users’ privacy; it sends OTP every time users log in to their account.
It will add a great add-on to your security against hackers. To active “Two-Factor Authentication,” go to settings on the Snapchat account and scroll down. You can see an Option called Two-Factor Authentication, press the continue button, and add your mobile number.
Then press continues, which will send an OTP to your respected mobile number, and once you input your OTP, your Two-Factor Authentication will be activated successfully.
We hope this article was beneficial for you to regain access to your Snapchat account. Our team tests these methods. That means this method is trustworthy. Also, you guys can follow the steps to secure your Snapchat account. Why wait for a hacker to steal your account. If you find any mistakes in our article or have any suggestions you think, which will be helpful for this article, let us know in our comment section. And all the very best for regaining your account.