While picking the best registry cleaners for your laptop or PC, the first two names to come up with are CleanMyPC and CCleaner. In the field of registry cleaners of computer software, these two are the most used and preferred programs due to various reasons.
But when it’s about deciding out of two similar programs, things might get daunting for you. Thus, going through a detailed CleanMyPC vs CCleaner comparison is a must to do.
So, here we present to you an insightful guide on these two registry cleaners.
CleanMyPC vs CCleaner : An Overview
CleanMyPC is one of the most famous register cleaning software for computers developed by MacPaw, which has an industry-leading reputation in developing similar software for macOS.
While performing cleaning, CleanMyPC never deletes the files created by users; instead, it swiftly cleans the temporary files that the computer creates on its own.
This tool functions quite safely and also conveniently disables the hibernation files on your computer so that you can regain speed and space on your PC.
Now comes Avast-owned Piriform’s CCleaner, which is a tough competitor of CleanMyPC. This software helps in preserving the life of your computer in a quite impressive way.
CCleaner is a champion in its field with seamless customization in its scanning patterns and repairing functions. Unlike CleanMyPC, all functions and actions can be undone here to restore the backup files.
However, CCleaner always keeps running in the background, which consumes a lot of energy and RAM. So, you can look for other alternatives, which are better than CCleaner in terms of background operation.
Features of CleanMyPC and CCleaner
Well, the CleanMyPC vs. CCleaner debate cannot get you anywhere unless you give a quick look at the features of these two registry cleaners and compare them accordingly. So, for your convenience, here are a few key features these two tools offer.
Features of CleanMyPC
- Cleans all junk and hibernated files from your PC to claim more space
- Offers easy registry maintenance by wiping off outdated entries
- Works as a multi-uninstaller
- Sorts all startup or autorun items to speed up your PC
- Cuts down any unwanted extensions
- Works as an efficient file shredder
- Comes with a robust privacy module
Features of CCleaner
- Effectively cleans browser data of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, and many more
- Wipes off unused and old entries to clean up the registry
- Removes file extensions, uninstallers, ActiveX controls, invalid shortcuts, etc.
- Comes with scheduled cleaning and facilitates defragmentation
- Cleans the recycle bin, recent documents, log files, temporary files, DNS cache, memory dumps, and many other junks in Windows
- Removes any temp file and recent file lists from third-party applications
- 100% spyware-free for ultimate protection
Comparison in Terms of Cleaning
CleanMyPC can clean up to 500 MB of data in the free version. Also, this software can impressively repair or remove up to 50 registry items.
On the other hand, CCleaner is a bit more preferred option in this area. CCleaner can clean up to 2303 MB of junk files. Unlike CleanMyPC, it can find at least 3998 trackers, which can harm the privacy of your PC. Thus, it makes CCleaner a winner in this area of CleanMyPC vs CCleaner comparison.
Comparison in Terms of Registry Maintenance
In CleanMyPC, the dedicated tab for registry maintenance comes in a more organized form. Thus, it displays all issues clearly. However, there is no option to back up the registry with this software.
CCleaner also comes with a dedicated tab for registry maintenance. Unfortunately, it shows all issues at once, which makes it pretty confusing to comprehend. But the one advantage you can get here is that you can easily back up your registry entries, unlike CleanMyPC.
CCleaner vs CleanMyPC – Paid Version Comparison
Though both the software come with free versions that provide you plenty of features required for basic cleaning and maintenance of your PC, there are paid versions too. The paid versions facilitate advanced features for better performance.
What does the paid version of CleanMyPC include?
- Complete and in-depth PC cleanup, including auto-recycling of the bin to remove unused cache, temp, and memory dump files
- Easy uninstalling of programs by leaving no residues behind it
What does the paid version of CCleaner offer?
- It automatically optimizes and cleans up all junk files and browser data
- Removal of all deep-rooted errors and crashes that ruin the performance of your PC
- You can also set your preference for scanning and cleaning files if you don’t want automated cleaning every time. You can particularly choose what you want to clean and when it needs to be cleaned.
Comparison in Terms of OS Compatibility
CleanMyPC is compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10 but is not suitable for Windows Vista and Windows XP devices.
On the contrary, CCleaner is compatible with all the versions of Windows and macOS. Also, there is a dedicated mobile application for Android devices.
Comparison in Terms of Pricing
Now, when it comes to pricing, CleanMyPC is a little bit pricier as it costs around $39.95/ year for the license of one user. For more than one license, the price goes up to $89.95/ year.
CCleaner, on the other hand, costs nearly $24.95/ year for up to 3 users. Hence, CCleaner is undoubtedly more affordable.
Comparison in Terms of Customer Support
As you choose software for your work purpose, you must consider the efficacy of the customer service the product offers you in terms of troubleshooting.
CleanMyPC offers robust 24/7 technical and sales support. For both the free and paid versions of the software, they facilitate top-notch customer service addressing your issues and fixing them effectively.
On the other hand, CCleaner offers priority email support only if you use its premium version. You can reach out to them at their email address, elaborating your concerns while using the software. You can also get notifications of their latest update and special pricing offers.
So, we hope, by now, the above discussed CleanMyPC vs. CCleaner comparison has made it clear which registry cleaning software is better in terms of all parameters.
Though CCleaner is an unbeatable winner in every aspect, CleanMyPC is great for those who want to know in detail about every registry-related issue as it delivers in-depth analysis. So, now, depending on your requirements, pick the right registry cleaner for your PC or laptop.